Monday 28 January 2013

These are a Few of My Favorite Things...

Last summer, I conned my new friend Kerry into coming Garage Saling with me (i love that word keeps trying to correct the word "Saling" telling me it doesn't exist. It TOTALLY exists...Saling is like the best word ever...especially after the word Garage.)

Anyway, back to Kerry...she wasn't thrilled about it, being as she had NEVER been to one and mostly paid full price for everything.  She confided she once brought a $16 placemat from some expensive baby store for her son as she didn't know where else to buy them. 

Oh...was I on a mission to show her a WHOLE NEW WORLD!

So, off we went last summer, garage saling with an open mind and wallet.  Needless to say...by the second Garage Sale we hit Kerry turns to me and exclaims 'THIS IS THRILLING!"

Hooked....lol  That was like catching fish in a bucket.

So, she has become my avid Garage Sale Friend...however, she still says she feels nauseous entering some Thrift Stores (note to self, bring Gravol for Kerry).

Recently we hit an Antique Sale and found some AMAZING things.  Here are some deets:


I cannot BELIEVE I scored this rare "Moon Deco" Pattern...for 8 BUCKS! 
I think this may have been the best deal I've ever found.



Griffiths Spice Rack...adore....

I
I found these 2 cute mugs and had to have them.


I was actually given this mug from a girl who I bought some things off of, love it and use it for my herbal tea all the time.  People are so nice. :) 
I snapped up this ADORABLE apron...was going to sell it on 
the Vintage Pink Sink but I just couldn't part with it.


My new Pyrex Bestie in Vernon snapped up this for me.  OMG!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  I had 3 customers who wanted it but after feeling extreme anxiety..I just couldn't let it go.  Love love LOVE it.


 This was a Promotional Chip and Dip set, I grabbed the large bowl even though it's missing the small bowl and holder..who cares, it's GORGEOUS.  Look at the blue on the inside of the bowl...and it's not painted on, the glass is actually blue.  sigh...

1 comment:

  1. Happy to be your Okanagan Pyrex BFF! Now if we can just get you the pink suitcase to match! ;)

    ReplyDelete